I started my career as a telephone counsellor at Kids Helpline 25 years ago. In private practice, I use a range of age-appropriate and creative modalities and hold Certificates in Expressive Therapies and Sandplay Therapy.
In Sandplay Therapy the client expresses their inner world by creating scenes and stories using symbols, water and sand. Other modalities we use include symbol work, writing and journaling, drawing and art, movement and relaxation exercises.
Family members, usually caregivers, are included as part of the therapy process where together we explore relationship patterns and dynamics as a way of creating long-lasting change.
In addition to Kids Helpline/Parent Line, I have worked as a:
- university student counsellor (Queensland University of Technology)
- child and youth mental health clinician (Queensland Health)
- school psychologist at a boys’ college (year 5 to 12)
- school psychologist at a girls’ boarding school (prep to year 12)
- psychologist in private practice.